A recognition program for nature-based tourism business owners and operators.
The Mississippi Gulf Coast National Heritage Area introduces Gulf Coast Outpost, a business recognition program for nature-based tourism business owners and operators. The Gulf Coast Outpost business recognition program was part of the 2016 Nature-based Tourism Plan for Coastal Mississippi. It was developed for the Heritage Area by stakeholders in the industry.
This voluntary program recognizes those businesses who are knowledgeable about the coast’s natural environment and take steps to protect it by fostering environmental and cultural understanding, appreciation and conservation.
Workshops are held to actively prepare business owners and operators using a checklist that focuses on training, sustainability and stewardship. The program is aimed at those companies whose primary business is dependent on the natural environment in Mississippi’s six coastal counties. This includes eco tours, locally owned outfitters, charter boat operators, tour guides, eco-lodges and agritourism entities.
The first group of businesses to be recognized are:
- Betsy Ann Riverboat in Biloxi: https://betsyannriverboat.com/
- Biloxi Shrimping Trip in Biloxi: http://www.biloxishrimpingtrip.com/
- Coastal Ridge Farms in Picayune: http://www.coastalridgefarm.com/
- Eco-Tours of South Mississippi in Gautier: http://ecotoursofsouthmississippi.com/
- Fisher-man Guide Service in Pass Christian: https://msfisherman.com/
- Harbor Garden House in Ocean Springs: http://www.harborgardenhouse.com/
- North Star Sailing Charters in Gulfport: https://www.northstarsailingcharters.com/
- Shore Thing Charters in Waveland/Bay St. Louis: http://www.shorethingcharters.com
Benefits of the program include access to a resource toolkit, marketing opportunities and eligibility to apply for the MGCNHA Heritage Community Grants program. The MS Gulf Coast National Heritage Area is a program of the National Park Service, and is managed by the Mississippi Department of Marine Resources.
Gulf Coast Business Resources
Benefits of the program include access to a resource toolkit, marketing opportunities and eligibility to apply for the MGCNHA Heritage Community Grants program.
For more information, contact Bridgette Varone at email@example.com or by calling 228-523-4075.
Download a copy of the Gulf Coast Outpost Checklist here: